The Bank was originally registered on 28th June 1921 and started working from 1st Febuary 1922. A band of enthusiastic Co-operators, Officials and non-officials with Sri.Kodandera Cootaiah as the President, set their hands to work for their central organisation. The Bank began with 45 Co-operative societies and 16 individual members with a paid up share capital of Rs.4400.00 and deposit of Rs.10000/-. Since then it has made spectacular progress in its transaction in all spheres of Co-operative Banking activities. At present, there are 283 Co-operative member societies with total share capital of Rs 2187.60 lakhs and the total business of the bank is Rs 1400 crores. It is being second district cooperative central bank in the state to secure licence from RBI in the year 1995.
Though advancement in the banking sphere was a challenge to the co-operatives, but with the sponsorship of NABARD our Bank is fully under Core Banking System with RTGS/NEFT facilities, SMS, ATM Card Services, Customer information system. With the great guidelines of NABARD our farmers are given prominence and all KCC holders have come to the streamline to enjoy the benefits of modern Banking.
To extend the best possible services to our customers is our motto. In order to do this, we have embarked upon a modernization programme like core banking facilities which will benefit both our urban and rural customers.